This week’s WordPress Photo Challenge prompt was “foreign.” There were so many lovely photos of faraway lands we fretted over what to post. Then by a bit of serendipity, we were taken on a test drive while waiting on our car to be serviced. During the test drive, we were “hijacked” to a gathering of automotive enthusiasts serving up pretzels, sausages, beer and showing off their lovely driving machines. Most were German; a few were English. All were foreign. It was the most memorable test drive we’ve ever had*. Below, a handful of shots of some of the beauties on display.
There were some lovely cars including a new BMW 1M, a 6-series shark, a Jensen-Healey ragtop, and a few tuned V-Dubs.
This week’s Weekly Photo Challenge mother page:
http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2012/10/26/weekly-photo-challenge-foreign/ And some other intriguing interpretations of this week’s challenge:
- When the familiar becomes foreign: http://wheresmybackpack.com/2012/10/28/when-the-familiar-becomes-foreign/
- A suitcase of foreign: http://poppytump.wordpress.com/2012/10/28/weekly-photo-challenge-foreign/
- Foreign, yet familiar: http://windagainstcurrent.com/2012/10/26/weekly-photo-challenge-foreign/
- Foreign food: http://juliedawnfox.com/2012/10/28/weekly-photo-challenge-foreign-food-in-portugal/
- Fog, foot, foreign: http://artistisk.com/2012/10/27/pink-shoe-fog/
- Zanzibar: http://ronmayhewphotography.wordpress.com/2012/10/28/exotic-zanzibar/
- Multicultural tuk-tuk: http://ashwinmenonphotography.wordpress.com/2012/10/27/weekly-photo-challenge-foreign/
- Zooming in or out of ‘foreign’: http://vackrare.com/2012/10/28/wordpress-weekly-photo-challenge-foreign/
- It’s a sign: http://creativityaroused.wordpress.com/2012/10/27/weekly-photo-challenge-foreign/
- From a foreign time: http://ceeslifephotographyblog.wordpress.com/2012/10/27/3811/
*Why? 1) The new VW Golf R is a very hot little hatch, especially when 2) A former national SCCA champion driver is at the wheel giving it a 100 percent performance drive.
One of our visitors asked for images of the vehicles at the gathering. Here are a few: