This week’s Weekly Photo Challenge asks: ” Where’s your happy place?” For us, it’s that place where the rising sun’s rays skim across the mountain folds, and updrafts sustain the wind play of vultures and hawks. It’s that place where birds fill the ears with chirps and whistles and hoots, and buck snorts add exclamation points to the Ouachita Mountain soundtrack. It’s also the place that has served as a bird blind, galactic observatory and deer-watching platform. That happy place is our deck.
This morning’s springlike shower left droplets clinging to moss venters and creating a miniature architectural fantasy of onion domes and tiny glass spheres.
Shadows angle across a snow-dusted deck.
Even more “shadowed” we liked this week:
- Handy – http://suebeeandkat.com/2015/01/10/weekly-photo-challenge-shadowed/
- Walk on cobblestones – https://katieprior.wordpress.com/2015/01/10/weekly-photo-challenge-shadows/
- Together – https://oldmomsunite.wordpress.com/2015/01/10/shadowed-protection/
- Branched shadows – https://elleturner4.wordpress.com/2015/01/10/weekly-photo-challenge-shadowed/
- Reading – http://chouett.com/2015/01/10/lachouett-shadowed-photo-challenge/
No exotic locations. No great landmarks. Just nighttime as seen from our deck tonight through a 30-second exposure.
And other visions in the night that we liked:
Found this rather intimidating looking fellow trying to do the backstroke in a bit of water that had accumulated on the deck. If he is a giant stag beetle, then this is a rare find in Arkansas.
Christmas decorations and another beautiful sunset, OR how to make the most of fading light without a tripod.
Our patio heater has become the primary home for this wren, who goes about her business chatting away and conducting high performance climbs and dives in and around the deck.
This assassin bug nymph seemed to be admiring his reflection.
The official temperature downtown at 2:51 p.m. was 98 F. See the deck temperature below:
Deck spider has Saturday brunch fresh off the web.