Even past its prime, this brace of lily of the valley bells is still lovely. Taken June 8, 2014, Eagan, Minnesota.
A true sign of summer.
While enduring one of many construction-related stops on Interstate 40 yesterday, we were treated to a lovely sight: Mother goose and her very grown up goslings parading along a space where the westbound lanes used to run.
This week’s photo challenge is all about contrasts. We loved how the straight white-clad trunks of these birches contrasts with the wild maze of soft green early June foliage near Bayfield, Wisconsin.
Other of this week’s contrasts we liked:
A second helping of “between,” An antique store near Lincoln, Illinois, seems to be situated between fantasy and reality. The rainbow below bridges sun and storm.
Hard to believe this is our 800th post. We’ll celebrate with shots of the Gateway Arch at St. Louis, Missouri, taken Friday, June 13, 2014. This magnificent and oh-so-photogenic arch will do some celebrating of its own next year, marking 50 years. Some interesting facts about the arch: http://www.gatewayarch.com/experience/arch-facts-faq/
Found this rather intimidating looking fellow trying to do the backstroke in a bit of water that had accumulated on the deck. If he is a giant stag beetle, then this is a rare find in Arkansas.
There were big two extras in this photo: the size of the cinnamon roll and Aunt Betty’s delighted expression at seeing the giant pastry (and the gentle teasing from everyone else at the table.)
And an earlier extra. Was trying to photo the ducks and found the accidental bald eagle in the image. The white tail feathers and head are backlight to the left side of the image in the trees.
A cast of extras with starring roles:
- Hummingbird: http://sarazancotti.wordpress.com/2014/06/15/weekly-photo-challenge-extra-extra-1/
- Morning: http://whymatters.me/2014/06/13/weekly-photo-challenge-extra-extra/
- Please don’t feed the bears (your children): http://bumblepuppies.wordpress.com/2014/06/13/feeding-the-bears-insults-my-intelligence/
- A swan, with extras: http://esengasvoice.wordpress.com/2014/06/13/weekly-photo-challenge-extra-extra/
- Surprise on the lobstah pots: http://myencorelifeinfocus.wordpress.com/2014/06/13/weekly-photo-challenge-extra-extra/