Welcome to the Lumen Christi home page!
About the award
There are many peer-to-peer blogging awards, but I can’t say I know of any that are devoted to specifically to Catholic blogs. About.com Catholicism does have a Readers Choice and there are the Catholic New Media Awards, but neither has that same sort of in-the-trenches/personal/homespun recognition that comes from your blogging peers. Hence, the Lumen Christi award — a simple way of saying thanks to those who enlighten and remind us of the richness of our faith.
The rules are simple. If you accept the award, display the badge and:
1) Name your favorite saint, and why.
2) Name your favorite part of the Mass, and why.
3) Name your favorite part about being a Catholic.
Linking back to this page is optional. (It does help us find the nominees and enjoy their answers!)
Please pass it on!
About the badge:
- The Ordinary Time green symbolizes hope and growth.
- One of the fonts used is called Dei gratia and can be found at http://www.dafont.com/deigratia.font.
And one final note, this award is intended to be multi-ritual. Know a good Maronite or Coptic blog? Nominate ‘em!
We would like to list nominees as we learn about them and would encourage you to pay them a visit to see why they were nominated.
March 2, 2013 UPDATE:
Congrats to these blogs on their Lumen Christi Awards:
The good sports over at Biltrix.com were our first nominees/winners, back on Oct. 1, 2012. Biltrix in turn nominated:
- Catholic Libertarian
- Catholicism Pure & Simple
- Contemplative Mind
- Public Catholic
- The Armchair Apologist
- Water My Flowers Lord
- 8 Kids and a Business (see where 8Kids has made nominations of its own: http://8kidsandabusiness.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/lumen-christi-award/)
- 2 Heads
- 1 Catholic Salmon
(Nov. 21, 2012 ) We’re glad to see the award is making the rounds! Thanks to all who are passing it on. It’s been a great way to discover new Catholic blogs . Today, we found others who had received, or were nominated for the award:
- Catholic by Choice
- Catholic Fire
- Catholic Youth Minister
- A Catholic View
- Grandma’s Musings
- Life as I know it
- Ask a Catholic Girl
- A Catholic Mom in Hawaii
- Fra Angelico Institute
- Battle Beads Blog
- Always Catholic
- Confessions of a Thirty Something Cybertronian
- Button’s Blog
- In God’s Company 2
- Biblical Evidence for Catholicism
- By the Pen
- Minima Maxima Sunt
- My Hope Box
- The Back of the World
- As Christ Intended
- Still blogging at age 89: http://www.musingsat85.com/myblog/index.php
- Do not be anxious
- Beautiful Whispers of Catholicism
- Causa Nostrae Laetitia
- Te Deum Laudamus
- Catholic Cuisine
Dec. 1 Update — Happy Liturgical New Year!
Dec. 18 update — One week ’til Christmas! New winner and nominees:
- The Rainey View
- Acts of the Apostasy
- The Camp of the Saints
- Lame Housewife
- Making All Things New
- Over the Rhine and Into the Tiber
- Word of Life
- The Armchair Apologist
- Catholic Bandita
Keep on passing the joy!