This week’s Weekly Photo Challenge asks: ” Where’s your happy place?” For us, it’s that place where the rising sun’s rays skim across the mountain folds, and updrafts sustain the wind play of vultures and hawks. It’s that place where birds fill the ears with chirps and whistles and hoots, and buck snorts add exclamation points to the Ouachita Mountain soundtrack. It’s also the place that has served as a bird blind, galactic observatory and deer-watching platform. That happy place is our deck.
The Weekly Photo Challenges seem to be getting, well, more challenging. This week’s theme is “Express Yourself.” This image is not so much about what the sign says, but how out of place its expression seems in a place where the only anglers are birds.
Self-expressions that we liked include:
Shadows angle across a snow-dusted deck.
Even more “shadowed” we liked this week:
- Handy – http://suebeeandkat.com/2015/01/10/weekly-photo-challenge-shadowed/
- Walk on cobblestones – https://katieprior.wordpress.com/2015/01/10/weekly-photo-challenge-shadows/
- Together – https://oldmomsunite.wordpress.com/2015/01/10/shadowed-protection/
- Branched shadows – https://elleturner4.wordpress.com/2015/01/10/weekly-photo-challenge-shadowed/
- Reading – http://chouett.com/2015/01/10/lachouett-shadowed-photo-challenge/
When functions Converge: When your rain gauge also becomes your thermometer.
(Typical Arkansas fall weather – 15 degrees F two weeks ago, mid-70s today.)
More convergences we liked:
This week’s WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge cue is “converge.” The top convergence was most unfortunate. The tree is 70 feet high – give or take a foot or two – so rescue of this remote-controlled plane is unlikely. The bottom shot shows the moon, Mars and Antares somewhat close to converging on a single line back in September.
- Other convergences we liked this week: