This week’s Weekly Photo Challenge asks: ” Where’s your happy place?” For us, it’s that place where the rising sun’s rays skim across the mountain folds, and updrafts sustain the wind play of vultures and hawks. It’s that place where birds fill the ears with chirps and whistles and hoots, and buck snorts add exclamation points to the Ouachita Mountain soundtrack. It’s also the place that has served as a bird blind, galactic observatory and deer-watching platform. That happy place is our deck.
Shadows angle across a snow-dusted deck.
Even more “shadowed” we liked this week:
- Handy – http://suebeeandkat.com/2015/01/10/weekly-photo-challenge-shadowed/
- Walk on cobblestones – https://katieprior.wordpress.com/2015/01/10/weekly-photo-challenge-shadows/
- Together – https://oldmomsunite.wordpress.com/2015/01/10/shadowed-protection/
- Branched shadows – https://elleturner4.wordpress.com/2015/01/10/weekly-photo-challenge-shadowed/
- Reading – http://chouett.com/2015/01/10/lachouett-shadowed-photo-challenge/
Reaching for a ladle from the pot rack to make some weekend breakfast crepes.
OK, we don’t normally cook with a camera in hand, but sometimes sacrifices must be made for art. (Tongue firmly in cheek!)
This week’s backgrounders:
- At the sea and elsewhere: http://sfchapman.wordpress.com/2013/05/24/weekly-photo-challenge-in-the-background/
- Look closely! – http://syllabubsea.wordpress.com/2013/05/25/weekly-photo-challenge-in-the-background/
- Turkish coast – http://vackrare.com/2013/05/25/in-the-background-wp-weekly-photo-challenge/
- RIP – http://sued51too.wordpress.com/2013/05/25/weekly-photo-challenge-in-the-background/
- Second Life photo – http://picsbypeep.com/2013/05/25/weekly-photo-challenge-in-the-background-cheating-with-flowers-ivy/
- Marine theme – http://mycyberhouserules.com/2013/05/25/weekly-photo-challenge-background-or-foreground-who-knows/#comment-5874
- Alone in the shop – http://mylifeinfocusblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/25/weekly-photo-challenge-in-the-background/
And the big page moving in the background: