White wildflower holding its head up after a heavy rain and after the peak of its blooming.
This week’s photo challenge, “beginning,” is an excellent way to start the year. Our entry represents the beginning of a new cycle for our native dogwood trees. These buds are just awaiting spring’s arrival. (The beginning of spring seems like a long way away when the wind chill is in the single digits. Brrrrr.)
Other beginnings we liked this week:
- Mysterious path: http://lonelytravelog.com/2014/01/05/weekly-photo-challenge-beginning/
- Lilies: http://illuminatingtheinvisible24.wordpress.com/2014/01/05/beginning/
- Baby feet will eventually take baby steps: http://thehomeyliving.wordpress.com/2014/01/05/weekly-photo-challenge-beginning/
- A fledgling: http://inkhammer.wordpress.com/2014/01/04/wordpress-photo-challenge-beginning/
- A tiny tendril: http://thatslight.wordpress.com/2014/01/05/weekly-photo-challenge-beginning/
- Signs of a new beginning: http://heidrunjaenchen.wordpress.com/2014/01/05/weekly-photo-challenge-beginning/
Better known as butterfly weed, this native Arkansan was making its home in the filtered light understory on the south side of our ridge, not far from one of the deer paths.