Veils of mist covered low-lying areas all over the Ozarks and Ouachitas this morning, following a day and a half of rain. Fog hovered near a rice field bordering I-40 in the Arkansas River Valley. Folk wisdom in the Ozarks declares that for each day of fog in the fall, there will be a day of snow in the winter. Read about other variations on folk wisdom winter predictions.
Whether driving a combine, raising catfish and show horses, or selling honey at the farmers market, in Arkansas, about one in six folks is employed in some facet of agriculture.
More views of culture than you can shake a stick at:
- Laboratory Culture: http://jnynita.wordpress.com/2013/04/27/wpc-culture/
- Cultivating memories: http://ahecticlife.wordpress.com/2013/04/27/weekly-photo-challenge-culture-the-anzac-spirit/
- Food culture: http://lensaddiction.wordpress.com/2013/04/27/weekly-photo-challenge-culture/
- A look at cultures around the world: http://catbirdphotography.wordpress.com/2013/04/27/weekly-photo-challenge-culture/
- Along the Appalachian Trail: http://www.wildernessescapades.com/wp/2013/04/27/weekly-photo-challenge-culture/
- That’s Nawlins for ya: http://sixdegreesphotography.wordpress.com/2013/04/26/weekly-photo-challenge-culture/