The bridge over War Eagle Creek opened to the hoof-clatter of horse-drawn vehicles. More than a century later, the wood and steel bones of this one-lane bridge shoulder the foot- and tire-treads of tourists and neighbors alike. It’s a performance that speaks to this week’s theme: “Endurance.”
Still, Benton County, Arkansas, officials are scrounging around for the $300,000 it will need to strengthen the bridge. Last spring, inspectors found rusting pins in need of replacement.
Learn more about War Eagle Mill at www.wareaglemill.com.
Other feats of endurance from this week’s challenge:
- A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT – http://spiritinpolitics.wordpress.com/2014/09/19/photo-challenge-river-runs-through-it/
- SKY – http://solaner.wordpress.com/2014/09/19/weekly-photo-challenge-endurance/
- WILD DOG – http://dewetswild.com/2014/09/19/endurance/
- LONG MIGRATION — http://tomwarrenphoto.wordpress.com/2014/09/19/picture-of-endurance/
- DELICATE, BUT ENDURING – http://lucidgypsy.wordpress.com/2014/09/19/enduring-erigeron/