This week’s photo challenge is titled “Monument.” Here is our monument to spring in the Arkansas Ouachita mountains: All of 5 inches tall including stem, this crested iris is getting ready to unfurl its flag.
Other monuments we liked:
- Monument to Dad: http://maryjmelange.wordpress.com/2014/04/11/at-ease-soldier/
- Monuments to Boston and US history: http://quotidianhudsonriver.com/2014/04/11/4-11-14-weekly-photo-challenge-monument/
- Global monuments: http://anewlifewandering.com/2014/04/11/monuments-around-the-world/
- An ageless monument seen through the eyes of an 8-year-old: http://bellabelle1.wordpress.com/2014/04/11/weekly-photo-challenge-monument/
- A monument to conservation: http://dewetswild.com/2014/04/11/monument/
- A story of Astoria, Ore.: http://ceenphotography.com/2014/04/11/wordpress-weekly-photo-challenge-astoria-column/