Now the folks over at Biltrix.com have done it again, this time nominating us for the Most Influential Blogger Award. (We strive to be entertaining and maybe informative, but “influential” did not occur to us.)
While modesty (and common sense) should prevent us from accepting this honor, we have no choice. You see, the rules require that the acceptee (us, the party of the second part) must answer seven questions from the bestower (Biltrix, the party of the first part.) And there’s a lot at stake here.
There is no other blogging award that comes with this offer:“Now … the bloggers I nominate have to answer 7 questions, but it does not specify which 7 questions they have to answer. … And if you answer all of the last 7 correctly you’ll win a free Shuttle tour of Planet Biltrix, once gravity is installed.” (See http://biltrix.com/2013/07/27/biltrix-discovers-puzzling-new-planet-and-is-nominated-for-most-influential-blogger-award/)
Boldly going where no blogger has gone before. A shuttle. A planet. With brand-new gravity. Who could resist?
Now to the other rules:
- Display the award logo on your blog. (check)
- Link back to the person who nominated you. (check)
- Answer 7 questions. (thinking, thinking)
- Nominate ( no limit of nominations ) other bloggers for this award and link back to them. (check)
- Notify those bloggers of the award requirements. (OK)
We really want this trip, so we’re playing it safe and answering BOTH sets of questions.
- If you could create your own planet what would it look like? Like Earth, with Saturnian rings.
- If you could visit one nation you have never visited before, what nation would that be? Iceland. Geological wonderland!
- Who is your favorite saint? Augustine. Very human. Very smart.
- What is your favorite animal? LOLcats.
- What is your favorite song? Changes daily.
- If you could meet one person who is still alive who would you choose to meet? Pope Francis.
- Name a book that you have read (other than the Bible) which has influenced your life and describe how it influenced you. The Encyclopedia Americana (OK, not a book but …). Had a set growing up and its volumes were endlessly fascinating.
Or you could answer this single seven-part brain twister:
How many __________________ does it take to change a light bulb? (And why?)
- Influential Bloggers (As many as your mind will allow to have influence.)
- Electricians (220, 221, whatever it takes. Ask Mr. Mom.)
- French Existentialist Philosophers (Zero. The light bulb does not exist and light violates the absurdity of nothingness.)
- Pantomimes (Watch closely, we’ll mime the number.)
- Scientologists (What does the E-Meter say?)
- Acts of Congress (Depends on whether you can get House and Senate legislation that keeps the electrical and bulb components together and intact through conference.)
- Baseball Umpires (Infinite number, each will see the bulb from his own angle.)
And now those to whom we’d like to pass this award to:
- scores of others …
- and of course Biltrix, but can’t give the award back!
Our seven questions to you:
- Do you like sunny or overcast days?
- Beatles or Stones, and what’s your favorite song?
- John Cleese or John Belushi?
- What’s your favorite comfort food?
- Why do you like blogging?
- What’s your favorite movie and why?
- What’s for dinner?