This week’s challenge, “nostalgic,” isn’t a hard one, considering 1) celebrated my 50th birthday this week — a natural place to look back on one’s life, and 2) the wonderful take-you-back-to-your-childhood gift my husband found: a box full of candy someone born in 1963 would remember from his or her childhood.
This was quite a collection, including boxes of what used to be candy cigarettes, a bubblegum “Pink Owl” cigar, wax lips, Dots, Turkish Taffy and a bag full of yellow candy-covered bubblegum bits packaged as “gold nuggets.” You can see my dentist smiling already.
Others gone nostalgic:
- Nostalgic Evening: http://followyournose.org/2013/07/05/nostalgic-evening/
- Family album: http://lynneayersbeyondthebrush.wordpress.com/2013/07/05/old-family-photos/
- Yesterday’s fireworks: http://littleyarisphoto.wordpress.com/2013/07/06/weekly-photo-challenge-nostalgic/
- At the beach: http://grandmalin.wordpress.com/2013/07/05/beach-nostalgia/
- Dad: http://runningafterale.wordpress.com/2013/07/06/weekly-photo-challenge-nostalgic/
- Outstanding in her field: http://sherylynoben.wordpress.com/2013/07/06/weekly-photo-challenge-field-of-nostalgia/
- Boat life: http://northumbrianlight.wordpress.com/2013/07/06/weekly-photo-challenge-nostalgic/
And this week’s Way Back Machine: http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/07/05/nostalgic/